Thursday, December 3, 2009

Big game for Blair but Spurs loss to Celtics


Spurs come up short against the Celtics 90-83 despite of Blair and Duncan's effort to carry the team. Blair had 18 points, 11 rebs, while Duncan drops 16 points and grabs 15 boards, but the real story is Spurs gave up 18 turnovers, 6 in the very first quarter alone and I think, that's the story of the whole game specially on the last couple of seconds when the Celts are leading by 5, off a time-out, It seems that Coach Pop draws a perfect play when the play runs and Manu intend to kickout the ball to Finley for the three but Finley happens to step on the sideline right before he catches the ball for another turnover. That's sucks and loss of focus!

Another thing I noticed is about 2 minutes in the final quarter and Ginobili is sitting on the bench while struggling Jefferson (who shots 3 of 13 from the field) and cold Mason (0 of 3 on the outside) is on the court, what kind of strategy is that for coach Pop? Anyway, he's the coach, and I'm just a fan, so I guess I'll just stick with his gameplan, whatever it is.

Regardless of the loss, I can still see the SPURS winning against Celtics, Spurs are known with there 3point shots, but with 2 of 16 shooting against a very good team like Boston, there lucky to loss for only 7points, Spurs also dominates the boards with +23 (55-32) and that is the consolation. The Spurs are still trying to jell with there new teammates, and I still hope for the best for this team. Spurs ended there winning streak of 5 and drop to 9-7 win-loss card.

No comments:

Post a Comment